Monday 5 May 2014

MONDAY 5th MAY 2014

7-15°C,Wind NW 5-15MPH,Cloudy with sunny intervals,Pressure 1019

Liplje
First Spotted fly this year. In Garden/forest clearing just below our home.
It appears I have been mistaken thinking I had heard Wood Warbler previously. The short phrase I heard I now believe to have been Eastern Bonelli's Warbler. It dawned on me today when again I heard It and as before thought that if it was Wood Warbler it was not singing the complete song just the trill part. This may also explain my inability to locate it ? the previous 2 or 3 seemed to have moved on or at least are no longer singing in the same area.
Although I could probably tick this species I guess I need to able to rule out Western Bonelli's Warbler. Will Certainly be looking harder next time.
Hoopoe pitched up in our Walnut tree raised its crown and gave a quiet ''poo po po'' and flew off.Roll on the garden ticks !
 
Spotted Flycatcher
Eastern Bonelli's Warbler ? Singing
Hoopoe

No comments:

Post a Comment